Hi, to whoever read this. This is my academic blog. and I am publishing my outline of speech which i couldnt delivered entirely because of the 5 mins time constraints. I have so much to talk. Hence, I decided to let my research of 3 days 2 night to publishes here. …..
The Original Content started here.
A Brief Insight into the World of Blogging
- History of the coinage word “Blogging”
- In the late 1990, Jorn Barger- weblog (Web site + Logging)
- 1999, Peter Merholz- blog (for short) David L., Blogging, 2011.
- Blogs- allow anyone with sufficient level of mastery in Information Communication and technologies (ICT) to write and publish text, picture, video or audio the post.
Main Idea 1: Hobby VS Career
- Everyone start from hobby blogger
- Share food recipe, personal open diary, experience.
- Non-technical user
- Care about readership
- Care about income, thus readership
- Google AdSense, paid post, sponsored item
- Niche: Specific topic (beauty, education, sport, travel, IT gadget)
- So many advertisers –spend millions of dollar to advertise on these commercial niches.
- Target audience
- Written precisely to you
- Article conversational
- Marketing & Promotional skills
- SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Business card
- Social media account: Instagram, Facebook, Google+
- Similarity: Blogger community
- The Butterfly Project
– Who has help to raise a lot of beauty, fashion bloggers in Malaysia.
-Tammy Lim who blog in plussizekitten.com
– Recently been crowned at Top 10 Female blogger Malaysia by a magazine known as “Top 10 Malaysia”.
- Make reader into thinking most bloggers are combination of both.
“One that is written by an individual with a passion for the product /service is likely to draw more readership than one with a bland corporate persona.”
Main Idea 2: Blog VS other mass media
- Firsthand experience with emotion (Regulation blogs in Malaysia)
- Blogger has experienced the first hand reports from ongoing events, whether wars, natural disasters, crimes or events.
- It is also very subjective that bloggers chose to blog subjectively based on their interest.
- Iraq war (The Baghdad civilians and US soldiers)
- The inhabitants of New Orleans – during hurricane Katrina.
- The inhabitants of people to stay in Terengganu who blogged during the annually reported year end flood.
- Comply to editorial policy
- Mass media (television, radio, newspaper)-aim at public- contend with the –
Editorial policies that were generally based on the ideology
- UMNO owe Utusan Melayu, New Straits Time
- MCA owe The Star-pro-goverment
- Printing Presses and Publications Act (PPPA) 1984
- All printing presses require a license granted by the Home Affairs Minister, renewed every year.
- Absolute discretion-granting and revocation of licenses
- The Edge Financial Daily – The Edge Weekly-suspension of printing permits -3 months- controversial 1MDB reports.
Main Idea 3: Law regulations for Malaysian bloggers
- Laws that apply to every Malaysian.
- ISA (Internal Security Act) 1960
- Famous socio-political blogger- Raja Petra Kamaruddin- detained
- Insulting Malays , Islam
- Official Secret Act 1972
- Defamation Act 1957
- Sedition Act 1948
- Cyber laws of Malaysia – 11 laws that involved- applicable to any online user in Malaysia. (telemedicine, Digital signature, copyright, online payment)
- Computer Crime Acts 1997- hacking, virus attack
- Communication and Multimedia Act 1998
- Prohibit content that is “indecent, obscene, false, menacing, or offensive in character with intent to annoy abuse, threaten or harass any person”.
- Sexual experience, homosexuality.
- Besides, according to Ahmad, Mohammad and Hassan in Regulating blog in Malaysia (2011), Malaysian bloggers -self censorship, using moral conscience and common sense as their guide, and the social community knowledge of the Malaysian cultural.
- Generally, no any specific laws that is targeted to blogger.
- Unless, talk about sex, race, religion, politic issue.
As a blogger- want to reach large about of readership, create a better community. Use it for a better community
- World Food Week 2015, Oct.
- Like and comment- 1kg of rice, flour, pasta, potatoes
Some of the useful links that you might want to reference
Pulizzi, J. (n.d.). Ultimate Guide to BLogging. Retrieved from http://contentmarketinginstitute.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/04/CMI_Ultimate-Blogging-final.pdf
2. Website: The difference between professional blogging and hobby blogging
Rettberg, J.W. (2009). Blogging: Digital Media and Society Series. Cambridge:Polity Stress.
Hudson, D.L. (2011). Blogging:Second Edition. New York: Chelsea House.
5. Online article:
Ooi, Y.M. (n.d.). Blogging thrives in Malaysia. International Association of Business Communicator. Retrieved from http://connection.ebscohost.com/c/articles/27572256/blogging-thrives-malaysia